Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 22. What Did I Learn Today?

I do resolve to keep up my blog, to use what I have learned in 23 Things and to continue to be on the lookout for new tools and ideas. I'm already hooked on Facebook, Flickr, my "tewdew" calendar, my email, etc., so that part will be easy. I did set up RSS feeds for ALA TechSource, LibraryBytes, and Web2 to help me keep up with Library 2.0. How could I forget anyway!? It will be fun to go back to the "Things" and explore a little more. I plan to check out some of the topics in OPAL and the Webinars and hope to gain a better understanding of ELM in particular. We will also be having some staff training on ELM in May. I don't really have many opportunities to apply Library 2.0 tools to the particular job that I do at the library, but I will try to promote their use when appropriate. In my personal world, I think about wikis a lot, wondering if a wiki would work here or there! How about a wiki for our homeschool group, a wiki for the co-op buying club that I belong to, or a wiki just for our family? Wikis are intriguing!

No comments: