Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 14. Library Thing

I now have an account in Library Thing and have 33 books in my library. The account is free for up to 200 books. I don't actually own all of the books, of course, but it is a quick list of books that I am either currently reading or that I would recommend to others. Some are more recent and/or popular while others are not. I did link my catalog to my blog, but haven't done any tagging or reviews yet.

Library Thing for Libraries allows libraries to socially browse and share data by adding tag clouds, recommendations, ratings and reviews to their catalogs. I think our library users would welcome those features.

My Library Thing book list keeps on growing! I've added more since I started this post. I had vaguely hoped to find something like this when I started 23 Things so that's good, and Library Thing is so much more sophisticated than I could have imagined possible.

No comments: