Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 9. Online Collaboration Tools

My first attempts at editing in Google Docs were unsuccessful, so I assumed that I needed to get permission. I'm not sure though, since it could have just been that I had misspelled my password. Duh! Anyway, I got permission whether I needed it or not, and then was able to edit the document, the Declaration of Independence. Wow. Another cool tool from Library 2.0! For a group this would work so much better than trying to do it through email.

I think that the Founding Fathers would be pleased to know that after almost 232 years we still consider their document to be important and that the country that was formed still exists. I can imagine that they would appreciate our taking the time to try to comprehend the issues of freedom they were declaring and would encourage us to look at current circumstances in that same light. In other words, if they were here now, what would they think of the country they formed? And how would they try change it?

No comments: